The library is a wirleless hotspot!
North Arlington Public Library offers computing access to the public in accordance with the Library’s mission to provide resources for educational, informational, cultural, and recreational purposes.
The North Arlington Public Library does not monitor and has no control over the information accessed through the Internet. The Library does not protect computer users or library patrons from content they may find offensive or futile. The Library does not restrict access in the adult room. However, in the children’s room, the Librarians monitor the computers, when in use, in an attempt to guide access to content and usage appropriate for children.
Library patrons ages 17 and older may use the computers in the adult room.The Library computers are not to be used for any purposes that violate federal and New Jersey state laws.
Parents and guardians of children under the age of 17 are responsible for their children’s use of the computers and Internet at the Library. Children need to present their valid library card in order to use a PC.
Procedures and Regulations for Use of the Computers:
Privileges & Conduct:
- Use of the computers at North Arlington Public Library is a privilege. Violation of the library policies and regulations may result in the loss of computer access.
- Please be quiet as possible; keep socializing and conversation to a minimum. Keep to your own workstation, but be mindful that you are in a publicly visible area.
- Respect the privacy of others.
- The PC Workstations are available on a first-come-first-served basis, and advance reservations are not accepted.A time limit of one hour per day/per user may be enforced if patrons are waiting to use a PC.
- As needs arise, additional time restrictions may be instituted by the library staff.
- The reference librarians offer a brief orientation on the best, most current, and most useful sites on the Internet. Patrons are expected to know Windows, software and Internet browsers to navigate independently. Library staff cannot provide more then basic assistance, therefore adult continuing education courses may be helpful. Periodically the library offers these classes.
- The library’s computers are not intended to replace all the computing cababilities that your home computer allows for.
- The charge for printing is $ .15 per page, payable at the Main Desk.
- Users are asked to use their own headsets when listening to audio. Headsets are not available for public computers.
- The library does not provide items for saving your work. Please save your work every 10 minutes to your own CD or USB Drive.
Unacceptable Use of the Computers:
- Users shall not damage computer equipment or disrupt network services or library operations.Users shall not download any software or documents to the computers. Users shall not make unauthorized entry to any other computer or system accessible via the Internet.Users shall not represent themselves as other persons.Users shall not impede use of or access to the Internet by others.Users shall not violate copyright or software licenses.
- Users shall close all sites they have accessed before leaving the computer.